Monday, August 2, 2010

Wedding Part 1

So today is our 1 month Anniversary! I can't believe it has already been a month, time flies by so fast. I figured it was about time to post something about the wedding. So today It'll be the ceremony and I'll do another one soon about the reception.
My day started at 4:30 AM because I couldn't sleep. I got to the church at 7:30 and Carrie got to work on my hair and makeup.



I was finally ready to go about a half hour early. Can I just say that was the longest 30 minutes of my life. I am so glad that I chose to do it in the morning because I would have been going crazy all day waiting.
My dad walked back to get me and I just started to cry, it was finally here, all the waiting and planning and now it was happening. I pulled myself together as I walked with my dad toward the sanctuary. As soon as I walked through the doors and saw Joe and completely lost it.



The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. I don't remember everything that was said and I am so glad we have a recording of it so we can go back and remember exactly what we vowed to each other. Our pastor is a great friend and I couldn't have let anyone else do it for us.
Part of our ceremony was the lighting of a unity candle. Both of our mothers lit a smaller candle and together we took our candles and lit a bigger one representing the uniting of our two families. As we were lighting the candle another great friend and the worship pastor at our church sang the song that he wrote to propose his wife.
We exchanged rings and then the kiss ♥


(Love Scott's face in this picture!)

Finally Married!!

After the ceremony we had a luncheon for everyone and just talked and mingled.

It was exactly what I had pictured and everything turned out perfectly.

Thank you to everyone who came and supported us!



3 comments:

Naysel said...

Congratulations! Awe...I just love it!

Jessie said...

congrats!! I love all the pictures, and am so glad everything went perfect. you are so beautiful!!!

Lauren + Joey said...

Aww, yay! The wedding was so fun and beautiful! You were a stunning bride!